Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Random Ramble III - Am I Bad Ass, or Am I FRICKIN' BAD ASS?!

Got my CIE AS Level results today:

  • English Language............A......88%(2% from an A*!!!)
  • Biology..............................B......75%
  • Chemistry........................B......70%
  • Physics.............................D......52%(Yeah, my equipment in the prac had issues and I had the GOD of all headaches during the Multiple Choice and didn't finish)
  • Mathematics...................B......75%
Now I must let you know I wrote in less than ideal conditions. Due to...circumstances beyond my control I couldn't attend school the last two terms of the year and had to tutor myself. In one month, just before exams began.

So this has really got me thinking. All this time I've really just been coasting, doing the minimum work necessary but still came up with A's and B's. Now I've actually applied myself, working with no one else, no guidance from a teacher or whatever and still come up with A's and B's. What I could do if I had both the guidance and drive to work on my own scares me shitless. And damn me to hell if I ain't gonna do just that this year.

I am going to have to re-write my physics and math this June if I want A's in both of them, which is what the top varsities want if they are to accept me in their Physics/Astrophysics programs. With my total badassery, I haven't a shadow of a doubt that I'm gonna do it.


On a different note, my preceding post, BREAKING NEWS - Look out! Obama's signing in the National Sunday Law this weekend! has garnered more views in the last few days than all other posts before it combined! Shows you the power of a sensationalist headline...

No comments:

Post a Comment